A fine quality sterling silver gravy boat of good size made by Deakin and Francis in 1920 in Birmingham, England. The business was founded in 1786 and originally traded under the name of Deakin and Moore. In 1882 Charles W. Deakin and John H. Francis began trading as "Deakin & Francis". Francis was Deakin's brother in law. Always known for superior quality in silver and jewelry, the firm today is run today by its seventh generation heirs James and Henry Deakin.
The gravy boat is in excellent condition with no damage or repair, and shows only the slightest wear associated with age and usage. It is fully hallmarked on one side and weighs about 5 ounces. It measures 7"long x 3.75"wide x 3.75"tall.