A fine Sterling silver tea caddy made in 1892 in Glascow by George and David Edward. The firm was established in 1838 at 92 Buchanan Street in Glascow as jewelers, goldsmiths, and silversmiths. In 1874 they opened a London branch at Mansion House Buildings, 19 Poultry, Cheapside. In 1925 the firm was converted into Edward and Sons, Ltd and was still active in 1963 at St. Vincent Street, Glascow. Later the firm sold to Mappin And Webb, Ltd. The caddy is constructed in the oval federal or Georgian style with high quality detailed engraving on both the lid and body. It is in excellent condition with no repairs and only the slight wear and nicks expected for a piece of this age. It is all original and both the body and the lid are hallmarked. It measures 5.25"high x 5" wide x 3.5"deep.
12 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Furniture, Art, Silver, Accessories
Fine 18th and 19th century American and European Antiques