A small C. 1810 German fruitwood center table. Has pie slice sections of veneer which terminate in an inlaid central wheel with spokes. The outer has a banded inlay which, together with the contrast of the pie slice sections, produce a visually attractive top. The six-sided pedestal, and corresponding base, and dovetailed tripod feet are all structurally sound and original. The provenance of this piece stamped under the lid. It indicates that the piece was once owned by the Slaskie Museum in Katowice, Poland. The museum was founded in 1929 and raided and torn down by the Nazis in 1940. In 1984 the museum was reinstated in a former hotel building and many of the stolen artifacts were recovered. The table measures 29" high x 28"diameter.
2 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List
Furniture, Art, Silver, Accessories
Fine 18th and 19th century American and European Antiques