How do I set the Sales Tax for my shop?
All U.S. based shops need to make a selection using the Sales Tax tool, even if you plan not to charge sales tax in any instance. If you do not charge sales tax for any transaction, simply choose No Sales Tax. If not a U.S. based shop, or if you do not charge sales tax for any transaction, choose No Sales Tax.
If you charge sales tax for items shipped to certain states:
- Go to your Shop Info page
- Click on the Sales Tax tool
- Select sales tax Based On U.S. Location
- Click on Add/Edit Sales Tax Locations
- Specify the states that apply, and the tax percentage for each state
- Decide if you want to apply the same tax rate to Shipping/Handling, and Insurance
Please note: You must update the tax rates whenever they change, and do it for each state for which you charge sales tax. Currently only U.S. states are supported.