Attend a grand market of vintage merchandise, and most likely you’ll become a shopper of vintage items at vintage markets for life. It’s incredible what rare and unique things appear for sale at these venues. They capture the imaginations of buyers from about every walk of life. That is what you can expect at the upcoming Las Vegas Market, January 28 – January 31, 2018!
Ruby Lane is one of the Vintage Design Tastemakers for the upcoming Las Vegas Market and representatives will be on-site at the market to showcase Ruby Lane shop owners in attendance. In addition, a representative will be giving two tours of the DISCOVERIES Pavilion – The Antique Vintage Marketplace. To prepare, here are five tips to prepare you for shopping in an antique/vintage marketplace. Ready, set, SHOP!
Today, shoppers are conscious of the need to preserve objects of historical interest. Their esthetic tastes incline them to love the beautiful designs of past decades. At markets selling vintage merchandise, well-made crafts are sold that promote the careers of talented artisans. It makes sense to re-purpose and recycle. Like a fine wine, décor is better if vintage. Any room is enhanced by a shelf of beautiful, old books bound in fine cloth or leather. Handmade antique and vintage décor like that sold on Ruby Lane, prompt conversation and interest in any situation. Antique pieces are often exquisitely made and may have a remarkable provenance.
FIVE TIPS FOR SHOPPING AN ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE MARKETPLACE
1. Know Your Target. DISCOVERIES is a cash-and-carry market, and many of these items are one-of-a-kind. When you find something, you love, grab it! It is essential to have a good idea of what you are looking for. In the weeks and days leading up to the market, make your list. Of course, you will find a plethora of items you didn’t know you needed, but it is good to check things off your list, too. Have a clear a picture of the listed item in your mind. Fortune favors the well-prepared shopper.
2. Examining an item. Look carefully at an item you are thinking of purchasing. Are there important or special markings on it? Ask the seller questions requiring detailed answers. There is a chance the seller will give you information, whether positive or negative, to help you make a final decision. Compare features and prices of the items you consider buying.
3. The Value of Time. Give yourself enough time to shop. Success is based on an investment of time. A shopper who isn’t rushed is more relaxed and more perceptive. Shop for your most important items first. Beautiful things need time to be fully appreciated.
4. Ask The Expert. Develop a sense of inquisitiveness. Bring a knowledgeable person with you for advice, or do not be afraid to chat with the seller of the item. The seller is passionate about what they are selling and have traveled long distances to see you. Often, they are experts in their field. Many antique collectors and antique dealers have telling accounts of how they got started at pavilions and markets and tell amazing stories about vintage décor and how to use it. The Shop Owners on Ruby Lane are always happy to help.
5. Positive Attitude. Have a positive attitude about people and shopping. Show others your enthusiasm for the things you collect, and you will be rewarded for your devotion. Meet like-minded people at the market and discover buying trends. Visualize what success means to you and go for it. Most of all, HAVE FUN and stay in the game!
Are you attending the market? Join Ruby Lane for an intimate curated tour of DISCOVERIES: The Antique Vintage Marketplace, located in Pavilions 2 &3. A representative from Ruby Lane will show you their one-of-a-kind finds – from national and international exhibitors – antiques, jewelry, home décor, hand-mades, furnishings, clothing, pottery, porcelain and more.
Monday, January 29, 2018, 2:30pm – 3:30pm PST
Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 3:30pm – 4:30pm PST
Follow @rubylanecom on Instagram throughout the market to see our top-picks in antique and vintage design.
Many new exhibitors will be showcasing their wares and the inventory changes daily. Lots of surprises and inspiration are in store for this tour!
We would love to hear from you Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org