Being a doll collector isn’t just a hobby – it’s a lifestyle! There are many signs that one can see when they are a doll collector. From having ‘dolldar’ on all of the time to rooms full of dolls, being a doll collector is quite simply THE BEST! Here are a couple more signs to determine if you have the doll bug. The photos in this blog were sent in by Ruby Lane Doll collectors. Enjoy!
1. You find yourself looking at old crates, curios, bookshelves, wardrobe and dresser drawers as possibilities for doll houses.
2. When you think of conventions, even in election years, you mean the UFDC Convention.
(Ruby Lane is a sponsor of the upcoming UFDC Convention in Phoenix, Arizona!)
3. You realize that you spend more on doll clothes and doll shoes than you do on your own wardrobe. (It’s ok – all of us doll collectors do it!)
4. After you buy a doll for a friend, you by one for yourself because it’s “cute.” Then, you think it look lonely on the shelf alone, so you buy it a friend, and then another, and another, and another . . .
5. You inadvertently flip through magazines looking for paper dolls.
6. Instead of skimming W and Vogue for ideas for ideas to supplement your seasonal outfits, you find yourself flipping through Fashion Doll Quarterly.
7. When you tell your friends you are it the midst of redecorating; you meant your dollhouse, not your living room.
8. You catch yourself looking at sales in the baby clothing section because you unpacked your childhood baby dolls and discovered they needed new outfits.
9. You ask your child’s orthodontist if you can buy some of those neat little rubber bands because they are perfect for restringing little plastic dolls.
10. You suddenly realize you keep your “mad money” in an old Barbie case.
We shared some of our telltale signs of being a doll collector – can you add to our list?
Enjoy the latest doll video on Ruby Lane’s YouTube channel below.
We would love to hear from you Write us at email@example.com