On the Dolls Lane, we live and breathe dolls all day, every day. It’s safe to say that we are doll addicts. If you’ve heard the saying, ‘it takes one to know one,’ let us know if any of these telltale clues apply to you!
1. You tell your fiancé that you would rather have a French fashion doll than an engagement ring.
2. You balk at paying retail for designer clothes and shoes, but don’t even flinch, though, when you buy $300 antique fashion doll shoes or a $500 Huret doll jacket.
3. You discover that you are channeling vintage Barbie outfits when you put your ensemble together for work each day.
4. Your bucket list is comprised entirely of Doll Museum destinations.
5. When you tell your friends you are staying home to catch up on your reading, you mean doll catalogs, doll books, doll magazines, doll newsletters, etc.
6. Your idea of a creepy, haunted place is a location without dolls.
7. During the holidays, visions of sugar plums don’t dance in your head; visions of dolls do.
8. At least one room in your house has become a doll museum or doll ‘warehouse.’
9. You are writing your will and discover that you have inadvertently listed Raggedy Ann, Barbie, Patsyette, Kewpie, and Bebe Louvre as beneficiaries and next of kin.
10. When you cruise down the aisles of a thrifts store or big box store and your shopping cart is filled with dolls, you sweetly say “yes” when other shoppers want to know if you are shopping early for the kiddo’s Christmas.
Ruby Lane is a sponsor of the 2018 United Federation of Doll Clubs (UFDC) 69th Annual ‘Passport to Adventure’ Convention which will be held July 17 – 21, 2018 at the JW Marriott Desert Resort in Phoenix, Arizona.
The UFDC is a nonprofit organization with the goal of being the foremost in research, education, conservation, collecting, and appreciation of dolls. Many of our shop owners are UFDC members, and will have a booth with dolls for sale at the convention. Doll collectors will want to visit the UFDC salesroom to participate in the action. You can view some exhibit highlights from la st year on YouTube: Special Exhibits and Vintage Doll Exhibits.
Ruby Lane will be providing live streams from the shop owners’ booths, the doll competition, and coverage of the exciting planned special exhibits. If you see Ruby Lane representatives at the convention, please say hello! RSVP to the virtual event on the Ruby Lane Dolls Facebook page.
Visit Doll Show USA for an updated list of all of the doll shows happening across the country.
We would love to hear from you Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org