The English antique shop that treasures the past & enhances the future.
We are currently unavailable until Monday, January 6. We will respond to emails during our absence. Purchase orders are welcome and will automatically reserve the item for you.
- Ruby Lane
- Serving the Online Community Since 1998
Shop . Sell . Relax
Antiques & Art . Vintage Collectibles . Jewelry
- Design Threads
- Stout Brothers is excited to now offer an online resource for your home. Gather ideas and gain inspiration as we explore all areas of interior design. Life is busy, here we will take the hottest trends and topics and break them down into easy to read articles. With categories spanning the design world, we are showcasing everything from well-made to hand-made.
Available to all, this newsletter is a great read for everyone.
- Bowes Museum
- The Bowes Museum, England. The Bowes Museum is a hidden treasure, a jewel in the heart of beautiful Teesdale. The magnificent building stands proud in the historic market town of Barnard Castle housing internationally significant collections of fine and decorative arts.
Purpose built in the 19th century by John and Joséphine Bowes, the Museum has a wonderful story to tell.
- Passionate about antiques, history, religious art & textiles. Visit our English antique shop for inspiration www.rubylane.com/shop/trinityantiques. Free Worldwide Shipping & Installment plans to suit.
- Country Lady Antiques
- We LIVE history. We sell quality antiques fresh from our local area in New England. We are historical reenactors and public speakers among other things. Our website is a slice of our lives. We live in a small 18thc. cape that was a mess when purchased. We have lovingly restored it for years while collecting the antiques we love along the way. We are great believers in 'buy what finds you, and buy what you love'. Being of modest means, our collecting is an ongoing labor of love involving some luck, sacrifice, and patience. We hope you enjoy visiting us often. Too many people in our opinion, who collect antiques create a 'LOOK' . We are creating a HOME.
- Thimble Fingers
- Thimble Fingers was created by Julie Macdonald in 2000, at a time when she was living in Singapore and the opportunity arose for her to pass on her embroidery skills by teaching embroidery in Asia. In 2001 she returned to Australia and hasn’t looked back since. Thimble Fingers is a home based mail order business, operating out of a small home studio in Julie’s garden at Meadow Springs, Mandurah in Western Australia.
- Life Takes Lemons
- All thats tart and titillating in the 18th century
- Loyalty Binds Me
- My particular areas of interest are (in no particular order): Charles II and the Restoration of the Monarchy, The English Civil War, Renaissance Italy, the Borgia family, Medieval England, The Crusades and the Mistresses of Charles II - although I will read pretty much anything historical!
- Appleton Studios
- We are a home-based business specializing in research, illustrated presentations, and products in heraldry and genealogy, with a sideline in reviews of movies
- The Wrapping Ranch
- Bringing a little individuality to your gift wrapping.Luxury gift wrapping at bargain prices.
- Madame Guillotine
- I am an art history graduate, writer of terrible historical fiction, committed Francophile, history geek and Versailles obsessive. I am also a middle class housewife and mother of two, living on the razor wire between slummy and yummy mummy depending on whether I have had time to apply mascara in the morning.
- The Sampler Guild
- Welcome to The Sampler Guild. With hundreds of members based here in the UK and throughout the world, the aim of The Sampler Guild (TSG) is to offer a forum furthering the research of sampler history, provide the next step-up from Cross Stitch, promote the preservation of antique samplers, continue the art of sampler making and most importantly, have lots of FUN!
- Faith Vilands Antiques
- Welcome to Faith Viland's Antiques website specializing in country Americana with original paint and surfaces. Also featuring American and English artwork and complimentary accessories. All merchandise is guaranteed 100% as described and shown on my website.
- Antique Mystique
- We have one of the largest single store inventories on the internet with 1000s of pictured items in 72 categories of antiques and collectibles including: Toys,Glassware,Pottery,Petroliana,Primitives,Sports,Cast Iron,Automobilia,Books,Tools,Prints,Coins,Clocks,Watches,Cowboy, Indian,Furniture and Advertising.We also offer the following free services:link directory/search engine,email,message boards and chat rooms for our customers making for a community environment available all on one site.
- The portal for UK Antique Dealers and related sites featuring antiques dealers and antique fair listings
- Diane's Dolls
- Antique and collectable dolls.
- This page is for people who are interested in various things Mortlock. There are Mortlocks all over the world, especially in the UK, USA, Australia and South Africa. It seems that among other things, they have been Tinkers, Tailors, Soldiers, Sailors, Bankers and Convicts. There have been china retailers in London bearing the Mortlock name.
- Past Imperfect, The Art of Inventive Repair
- Antiques with inventive repairs (also known as "make-do" repairs) are unique examples of necessity and thrift, made during a time before Krazy Glue was invented. Unlike today where we discard anything chipped or cracked, broken household items were repaired at home or taken to a metalsmith to be brought back to life, often with whimsical results. Once regarded merely as damaged goods by antiques dealers and collectors alike, antiques with inventive repairs are justly receiving the respect they deserve.
- Antiques are Green
- Invest In The Future Recycle The past
- Gillian Horsup Vintage Costume Jewellery London
- I have been buying and selling vintage jewellery, vintage costume jewellery and vintage accessories in London and the U.K. for about 30 years. I started selling vintage jewellery and accessories in markets such as Covent Garden and Camden Passage, and antiques fairs such as Alexander Palace, Greenwich Art Deco, Battersea Art Deco and Kensington Decorative Arts.
- Thistle Threads
- The goal of Thistle Threads is to bring back techniques from the past in a manner that appeals to the embroiderer of today. We strive to provide you with a quality experience and search the world for fabulous materials to enhance the time you spend on your creatio
- RARE PAPIER-MÂCHÉ TEA CADDY C. 1860
- West Kingdom Needleworkers guild
- Is This Stitch Period? (#14 Of A Series) Pulled thread: a tangled web
Whitework is a modern term for most embroidery on white linen (or cotton) worked with a white thread (linen, cotton, silk). There are many forms of whitework, but the form we are concentrating on in this survey is pulled work.
Pulled work is the distortion of the warp and weft threads to form patterns. The threads are literally pulled out of alignment and bound into groups to create patterns. Pulled work is also used to create a background for other embroidery.
- Simone Handbag Museum
- A historical collection of international significance.
- Bone Up On Bobbins
- Bone up on Bobbins : the craft of lace bobbin making.‘Bobbin’ or ‘pillow’ lace was never more than a cottage industry but according to a petition of 1698 more than 10,000 people in England were employed in the trade.
- My Old Historic House
- I am semi retired living in my home town, Clarksville, Mo. I have this old historic house that I have restored, and have opened for tours and rentals. The 1845 Historic Elgin / Cottrell House museum.I have a little gift shop. Richard's Great Stuff,down the street from the house. My best thing in life is my little beagle girl, Sissy. I enjoy blogs about decoarting.
Add a link to me!