Impeccable Jewels by Mary Blum with Exquisite Pearls, Sparkling Gemstones and Precious Metals
About Mary Blum for House of the Cheshire Moon
Our Service PledgeUnless I am on vacation, I will respond to all queries and orders within 24 hours. I will also provide you with as much information as I have regarding my creations, and I always welcome questions, thoughts and feedback.
I have been fascinated with antiquity since early childhood, and one of my favourite memories is of a large exhibit of Scythian artefacts at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Comprising primarily gold, the objects in this exhibit ranged from the delicate jewel to the battle-tried scabbard. Of course, a love of Phoenicia, Egypt, Greece, and Rome followed. I swore that I would grow up to become an archaeologist. Way, however, led on to way, and I found myself completing a PhD in English literature of a much more modern period (well, Old English...still modern compared to the Scythians). I spent quite some time immersed in illuminated manuscripts, medieval art in other forms, and of course the magnificent heroic poetry of the Anglo-Saxons. Along the way, I also fell madly in love with Modernism and the Art Deco movement.
When taken together, these various influences have led me to create pieces inspired by the past. By day, I teach Latin; by night, I create jewels.
A few thoughts:
1. I utilize silver in various forms (fine, standard and argentium sterling silver), 14/20 gold-fill, 22 karat gold over sterling silver vermeil, 14 karat white and yellow gold, and 18 karat white and yellow gold. I will always tell you what your jewel's components comprise.
2. I select my own gemstones and have built relationships with importers - I will not inflate the grade of a gem (and, in fact, I rarely report grades because, frankly, EVERYTHING seems to be graded AAAA+++) and I will always be honest about its origin and characteristics. Perfection is rare in nature; beauty is abundant.
3. Many of the designs I offer in gold-fill can be recreated with 18 karat gold...higher gold content (22 karat, and even 24 karat) is often available as special order. If you are interested in upgrading your jewel, let me know and I will provide you with a price quote.
4. Because of my rapport with my importers, I am able to call upon them with special requests. If you are dreaming a particular jewel, I might well be able to help you bring it to life.
5. I stand behind my work; my attention to detail is meticulous and my expectations of my work exacting. Should you find that your jewel does not please you, or you would like it changed, or something needs repair, I will do all possible, up to and including refunding your money on return of the jewel, to ensure your happiness with our transaction.
6. Because credit card transactions must be secure, I only accept such transactions from first-time customers through Paypal, or after direct phone confirmation of card validity with the institution issuing the credit card. I also accept domestic personal checks, with items shipping upon clearance of funds through my bank. Once we have established a working relationship, I am happy to directly process Mastercard and Visa transactions over the phone with my terminal, but I must always be able to verify your identity and billing information. My apologies for any inconvenience to first-time customers; these practices, however, ensure everyone's security, something that is very important to me as a business owner.
7. For the protection of my clients, I ship all items via insured Priority or Express Mail. Domestic Priority is calculated by Ruby Lane; International Express (which includes insurance) begins at $29.95. Domestic insurance for each item depends upon value and will be calculated at checkout. Of course, I will combine multiple items to keep the shipping costs down . If you prefer an expedited service (Express Mail or Federal Express), let me know and I will provide you with a quote for that delivery option. All transactions purchased within California are subject to 9.5% sales tax.
8. Layaway is available. Just email me with your thoughts regarding time and payments, and I will do my best to accommodate your request.