Oak Ridge, NC
Finding the right home for the right doll at the right price.
- Ruby Lane
- Serving the Online Community Since 1998
Shop . Sell . Relax
Antiques & Art . Vintage Collectibles . Jewelry
- The Doll Dilema
- A 10-minute film by Jacob Rosdail on my struggle to downsize the extensive doll collection that Mama Jo and I both wished could stay together forever.
- NEW HOMES
- A quick look at just a few of the dolls and toys that have found new homes all over the world. Your Mama Jo doll could be in the next one!
- Amazon - e-book version of WHEN I MARRIED MY MOTHER
- This will link you to the Kindle version of WHEN I MARRIED MY MOTHER; a revised version with bonus material. You don't need to have a Kindle device, or any e-reader, to read it. Amazon has a free app for other devices and computers that allows you to download it.
- Jo Maeder's Blog and Website
- This will link you to an outstanding article Yes Weekly published on Mama Jo's House of Dolls. 25 color photos! While you're there, feel free to explore the rest of the site by clicking on the buttons (Home, Watch, Meet, Read, Listen) in the top right of the page. Thanks for stopping by.
- Mama Jo dolls on eBay
- My brother Arthur is selling some of Mama Jo's dolls on eBay as well as other dolls. This link will lead you to all of the dolls he's selling. Mama Jo dolls are indicated in their title. They are not listed on Ruby Lane at this time.
- Black Doll Collecting blog by author/expert Debbie Behan Garrett
- "BLACK DOLL COLLECTING... from a black-doll enthusiast's perspective" says it all. I'm continually learning new things about black dolls from this site and the author's Facebook page.
- Saucy Walker Corner
- If your Ideal Saucy Walker (or lookalike or Posie) needs any repair of any kind, or you're looking to buy one, this is world headquarters. Do tell Sheryl I said hello.
- Doll-lighted to Meet You
- Another vintage maven downsizing a loved ones doll collection. Great stuff.
- Ashley's Dolls and Antiquities
- Billye Harris has some of the most beautiful dolls you'll ever see. And she's a beautiful person, too. Inside and out!
- Trailer for the memoir WHEN I MARRIED MY MOTHER
- Here's a short recap of my memoir WHEN I MARRIED MY MOTHER starring Mama Jo and the dolls.
- Mama Jo's Doll Wish
- Meet my impossible-not-to-love Mama Jo. Here's what she had to say about why she collected so many dolls and how she felt about them in 2003, three years before she made her heavenly ascent. You can see why I want them to "stay together" in spirit. It's my hope that when you purchase a Mama Jo doll you feel like you're part of a big extended family.
- A 30-second Peek at Mama Jo's House of Dolls
- Take a quick look inside Mama Jo's House of Dolls, where every doll has a story and a surprise. Over 700 dolls looking for forever homes. Click on the pause button to take a longer look.
- Mama Jo's dolls featured in the New York Times!
- Please search for "Jo Maeder" or "700 dolls" to find an essay I wrote about how I came to be selling my mother's dolls on Ruby Lane. There's also a slide show of me and my mother as children with our dolls. And a short video is embedded in the essay where I ask Mama Jo how she feels about the dolls. Click on the words in blue.
- Mama Jo's House of Dolls Top 10 Forever Home Photo Contest Winners!
- Since this shop opened in August 2012, some of the new "moms" and "dads" have sent photos of their Mama Jo doll in their new home. Fun and creative, take a look!
- WHEN I MARRIED MY MOTHER PAPERBACK
- Paperback of the Kindle Memoir bestseller with bonus material.
Add a link to me!