What are the Furniture & Lighting Lane requirements?
In addition to the Common Requirements
, we require Furniture & Lighting items, i.e. those that begin with the word Furniture & Lighting in the category string, to meet these quality standards:
- Items must be of high quality, authentic and not reproductions.
Additional requirements for Furniture & Lighting: Antiques subcategory:
- Furniture & Lighting: subcategory Antique items must be 100 years old or older.
- If any marks indicating maker, manufacturer, country of origin, and/or precious metal content are present, the marks must be shown and be clearly readable in at least one photo.
- Minimum sale price for any Furniture & Lighting: subcategory Antique item is $100 USD.
Additional requirements for Furniture & Lighting: Vintage subcategory:
- Minimum sale price for any Furniture & Lighting: Vintage subcategory item is $50 USD.
- Furniture & Lighting: Vintage subcategory items not yet 20 years old can qualify to be listed only if these conditions are met:
- The specific item is referenced in a printed price guide book or recognized online price guide, and
- the name of the price guide in which the item was found and the year the item was made are both provided within the listing.
Specifically excluded from being listed in Furniture & Lighting Lane: Vintage subcategory are:
- Items purchased or available for retail purchase in the past year
- Items handcrafted within the last 20 years, even if the materials are old
Click Here to View all the questions in Lane Requirements & Guidelines
| Related Questions
- What are the Vintage Collectibles Lane requirements and most common listing errors?
- What are the Antiques Lane requirements and most common listing errors?
- What items cannot be legally sold or traded on Ruby Lane?
- Are there regulations for selling Native American items?
- Can I list vintage swimsuits or underwear that no longer have original store hang tags, but which appear to be new, with no wear?
- What are the Fine Art Lane requirements and most common listing errors?
- What are the Jewelry Lane requirements?
- Can a post-1945 handmade clothing item that was sewn at home and thus never originally had a manufacturer's label be listed?
- Can I use Make An Offer to sell an item for less than the Lane's minimum sales price?
- Can an item made from antique or vintage components be listed in the Antiques or Vintage Collectibles Lane?
- What are the requirements for "Lot" listings?
- What are the Vintage Fashion Lane requirements?
- Can I refer to an item as Art Nouveau if the item is listed in the Vintage Collectibles Lane?
- Which Lane should I list my older items that are difficult to date with certainty?
- What are the Silver Lane requirements?
- What do I need to know before listing an item described as Silver?
- What are the Doll Lane requirements?
- What are the Porcelain & Pottery Lane requirements?
- What are the Recognized Online Price Guides?
- What are the Glass Lane requirements?
- Can I list 10 identical glasses as 10 items?