What is the Ruby Lane Get Paid to Blog program and what are the requirements for article submission?
Ruby Lane pays shop owners $35 for articles for the Ruby Lane blog, Notes from the Lane (http://blog.rubylane.com).
Notes from the Lane is designed to compliment the Ruby Lane site, offering articles on topics related to antiques, art, vintage collectibles, and jewelry, as well as loads of tips on how to succeed as a seller in the online marketplace.
- Topics relating to antiques, art, vintage collectibles, and jewelry
- Your personal stories (not self/shop promoting)
- Your collecting/selling adventures
- Your observations on the state of the marketplace
- Your artisan jewelry craft, studio set-up, and other jewelry related pieces
- Opinion pieces
- How to succeed as a seller in the online marketplace
- Your show experiences
- What you are doing to go 'Green'
- Dating, value, and preservation
- Any other suggested topics are welcomed for consideration
- We ask shops to limit the number of photos they include in an article to no more than two. Photos should be no larger than 350 pixels in either dimension (width and height). Submitting larger photos requires us to resize the photo and this may delay the publication of your article.
- Additional photos may be included if they illustrate an important point in the article, such as: examples of marks or makers signatures. You may create a photo collage, which is one large photo with many individual photos within the one photo. Collage photos should be no larger than 350 pixels high by 400 pixels wide.
- We require shop owners to submit their full name, shop name and shop URL with each submission. If you would like to include your shop logo with your articles you must submit the logo with the article as a JPG attachment to your email submission. Photos cannot be embedded in the actual article. We do not archive logo photos. For this reason, you must include your logo with each article submission.
- Articles referencing only Ruby Lane may be submitted for consideration (not an infomercial).
Links: We do not permit links to your shop or your shop name within the body of the article. Only shop owners we have selected to write regular monthly columns for the blog are permitted to include links and shop names. We do permit reference links to sites within the body of your article as long as they are not a self/shop promoting site or a competitor.
Previously Published Articles: Articles previously published to an online site are not acceptable for submission to the Get Paid to Blog program. Google does not allow duplicate content to be listed in a search. Publication of duplicate content on any site may result in Google no longer accepting information for indexing into a Google search. Submissions must be new, original content.
Length of Article: Articles must be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 2000 words, plus or minus a few.
# of Articles: Shops may submit one article per month for publication and payment. Not all articles are published in the month they are received. We strongly suggest you submit your article by the 15th of the month.
Fee Payment: Articles that are accepted and published in the blog will receive a $35 fee payment per article as a credit to their Ruby Lane account. Shop Owners are notified once the article is published. Please allow up to 2 business days for your fee payment to process and post to your Ruby Lane account. Fee payments are made after the article is published.
Good Standing: To be considered for publication in Notes from the Lane, shops must be in good standing with Ruby Lane. Good standing includes payment history, complaints, and a history of professional conduct.
Submit your blog article ideas to email@example.com
Click Here to View all the questions in Advertising, Shop Promotion, Blog
| Related Questions
- How do I become an Exclusive shop?
- Do you have programs to promote my shop?
- What is the Ruby Lane Peek Links tool?
- Should I set up reciprocal links to other Web sites in the Favorites Links section of my Ruby Lane shop?
- How do I order Ruby Lane Business Cards?
- How do I use Facebook to promote my shop?
- What is the Ruby Lane Blog and how do I access it?
- How do I submit an item for the Monthly Finds?
- How do I set up Favorite Links to other Web sites from my Ruby Lane shop, and what do I do if they aren't working?
- When do I receive the Referral Credit for a new shop I referred to Ruby Lane?
- How does Ruby Lane market its site?
- How do I subscribe to Paid Featuring in my shop?
- What are Dealer to Dealer Discounts, how do I add or change these Discounts in my shop, and how do I view offered Discounts?
- Do you offer Ruby Lane Logo items?
- How do I use Twitter to promote my shop?