Extremely Rare Antique Porcelain Wall Pocket By Miklashevsky Factory.
Very Detailed Quality Piece Of Art.
Measurements: 20cm Length, 6cm Width.
Volokytyne Village , Putyvl Region, is situated on the high right bank of Esman River. The records mention it in 1684.
In 1839 the descendant of an old Cossack family landowner Andrey Miklashevsky constructed in the estate in the village of Volokitino of the Glukhovsky district (nowadays the Putivlsky district of the Sumy Region) porcelain factory.
The village became famous for porcelain made of local kaolin. In the 18th c, local white clay was carted to the tsar's porcelain works in Saint Petersburg, where highly artistic wares were manufactured. Later local squire Andrey Miklashevsky founded a porcelain works in Volokytyne. This works was a short-lived one (1839-1862); however, the Volokytyne brand was a success and competed with the best world firms. The high production standards were demonstrated in 1857 when the works made the enormous iconostasis of gilded and painted porcelain with intricate decorative and sculptural details for the owner's home church. Unfortunately, only fragments of this masterpiece can be seen in the Sophia preserve in Kyiv In Volokytyne, from former splendor there remained only a fragment of park and monumental Golden Gate (early 19th c). Local squires of the time took to mounting such chic gate. To all appearances, A.Miklashevsky outranked all others in that.
Item ID: RPFCL-49
Price for shipping to USA