Unique piece! We are offering this Vintage 1930's Ronson Lighter which measures 4 1/2" tall x 2 3/4" wide. This piece comes in its original box which measures 5" x 3 1/2". Cute design, you'd have your cigarettes stored inside the piece and it has a little push latch which allows you to open and get your smokes! The lighter still has its wick. Good condition, this piece is engraved with the initials DEA.
In May 1928 Ronson, for the first time, was listed at the US stock exchange under the new company name "Art metal Inc".
Metal Art Works in New York- In 1929 Ronson introduced new lighter designs called "The Standard" and "The Junior".
- In the early 1930's Aronson expanded his enterprise to England, and the company was sub named Ronson Limited.
- Louis Aronson died on November 2nd, 1940. Alexander Harris became the new company president and Aronson´s son Alexander Aronson became vice president.
- During WW2, the production of Ronson Ligthers almost came to a halt due to the lack of materials. The factory was busy producing ammunition and other articles for the allied forces.
- In 1952 Ronson marketed their first refillable gas lighter named "the Vanguard". This lighter did, however, have some technical difficulties and a problematic design. In the same year Alex Aronson became the new President of Ronson Lighters.
- In 1957 the Ronson Premier Varaflame gas lighter was marketed. The new lighter with a futuristic design with new refill technology and became a smash hit. To this date this Ronson lighter is the most famous and popular one.
Ronson Lighters commercial- In 1958 Ronson lighters converted several of their previous designs into gas lighters.
- In 1965 the Comet lighter was put on the market. This was the first lighter that was entirely made from plastic.
- In 1970 the Ronson Company launched their first lighter with electronic ignition.
- In the beginning of the 1980's, Ronson began to produce disposable plastic lighters.
- During the 80's, the company saw hard financial times. This caused a detachment from the American Ronson branch.
- In 2010 the Ronson Lighters Company was bought out by Zippo Lighters. However, they kept the brand-name and products and it is still a popular name to this day.
Item ID: 3741
Another shopper has this item in their Cart or Wish List. Don't miss out!