Pr. of Rosenthal Ram's Heads Gilt Finished Censers
Phillip Rosenthal established his business in 1884 by buying blanks from the prestigious Hutschenreuther factory and selling wares decorated by his wife Maria. In 1891, he established a factory in Asch, Bohemia and began production of a pure white porcelain for painting in his workshop. His business grew substantially from 1897 to 1936 and he acquired several other factories. By the start of World War II Rosenthal operated 10 factories and employed over 5,000 people. After the war his son Phillip returned to Germany and rebuilt Rosenthal by streamlining production and introducing modern styles. Rosenthal exists to this day and has remained famous for the quality of their pure white hard paste porcelain and their exquisite designs.
This formal pair of matched censers are signed on the bottom by the artist as shown; in excellent condition with minor gilt loss.
Size: 10 1/2" height by 7" diameter.
Item ID: PS-05-05-03-02
4 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List.
Don't miss out!
Exclusive Ruby Lane
Member since Sep 1999
Price for shipping to USA
Payment Methods We Accept
- Personal Check
- Money Order
- Other Traditional Payment Method
See 'Other Information' under Terms of Sale
- Bank Wire
Other items from Pia's Antique Gallery you may be interested in: