Creamy celluloid pin made by the Whitehead & Hoag Company, Newark, N.J. between 1892 and 1921. The company developed and patented a celluloid for use in producing various advertising, political, religious and fraternal items. This pin is one of a Catholic religious nature. Marked on the back "The Whitehead & Hoag Co.", "Pat. Oct 18. 92 and Mar. 7. 93". Back has the original "C" closure with a bar below it from which a banner would have hung. Pin measures 2 7/8" X 1 3/8", and weighs 8.3 grams. In very good antique condition with light age appropriate wear. There is a small area on the bottom right corner where some of the celluloid is missing.
Item ID: 722-9
Only 1 available, and 3 other shoppers are interested. Don't miss out!