Just imagine your special table set with these beautiful pieces. A dining room table makes an elegant statement when set with Limoges. It's not very often that you can find a service set as complete as this one! This gorgeous Limoges features petite deep blue flowers with lighter blue and white flowers as accents. Soft wispy green and gray leaves are intermingled with the flowers. The bouquets are interspersed around the plate. The rim of the mold is slightly scalloped and has a raised rope-like or beaded accent design. The rims also have an embossed design along with a raised scroll work under the rope design. Raised delicate leaf shapes surround the lower edge of the rim. The pieces sit on a raised base that really separates them from other often seen molds. This dinner set has sixty-seven pieces which comprises a nearly complete service for eight. There are only five coffee cups but there are eight saucers. Wonderful service pieces are also included, which makes this a remarkable find. The eight soup bowls which nearly match are perfect complementary pieces for the set.
There are a few mentionable small chips on a few pieces, noted in the itemization below:
* 8 Dinner Plates, 9-3/4" in diameter, 2 with a small under-rim chip (The chips have been covered with gold and do not distract from the beauty of these plates.)
* 8 Luncheon Plates, 8-5/8" in diameter 1 has a chip and hairline crack
* 8 Salad Plates, 7-1/2" in diameter 1- rim chips
* 8 Soup Bowls 9" W x 1 ¾" H
* 8 Butter Pats, 3-3/8" in diameter
* 5 Coffee cups and saucers. The cups are 3-3/8" in diameter and 2" high. The saucers are 5-7/8" in diameter
* 3 Saucers without corresponding cups. It's fairly easy to find similar teacups and having the original saucers will allow them to blend almost perfectly into the set. These are 5-7/8" in diameter
* 1 Oval Covered Vegetable Bowl, 11-1/4" by 7"
* 1 Large Round Open Master Salad / Pudding Bowl, 9" in diameter and 3-1/4" tall. This piece has a rim chip.
* 1 Round Covered Vegetable Bowl, 10" in diameter
* 1 Covered Butter Dish with strainer, 7" in diameter. There is an old hairline in the domed lid, still tight
* 1 Gravy Boat with Liner (not attached) with small chips in each piece
* 1 Serving platter 14-1/2" in length with a 1-1/2" old hairline at the rim, still very usable
* 1 Serving platter, 12" in length
* 1 Serving platter, 9-1/4" in length
* 1 Cake Plate, 9-1/2" round
Originally we had decided to keep this particular set for our own personal use. We wanted gold rims on the all the service plates, butter pats and saucers. We had our porcelain painter apply the gold rims to these pieces for us. The photos were taken before the custom work was completed. If you think this set looks wonderful in the pictures now, you should see it with the gold rims!!!
Double Backstamp: MFG: Mark 1 GDA over France Decorating: CH Field Haviland Limoges in red circle Mark 3
Item ID: PLT426
2 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List. Don't miss out!
Beautiful Fine Living Accents for your Home. Welcome to our Home. Welcome to Timber Hills Antiques.
We LOVE pottery! Many pieces have just been added. More coming in from old estate collections. FREE shipping USA.