These punch cups were made by Northwood Glass in the early 20th century (1908; discontinued in 1910), early American pressed glass, named "Memphis", a rare-to-find pattern. These clear pressed glass cups have a cane and star design with a octagon shaped footed bottom and raised beading on both sides of the curved handle. Bottom of cups have a spiral or starburst cut pattern.
Each cup measures 2.75” inches tall X 3” across the cup opening, and 2” inches across the octagonal shaped footed base. Inside of cups signed "N" with a line under the letter N. All eight punch cups are in excellent condition; no chips, cracks or flea bites. Beautiful set! DRCC 114-2014
Northwood was in business from 1888 until 1925, founded and run by Harry Northwood, a very talented glass artist, who trained under his famous father, John Northwood. Not only did Harry inherit his father’s natural art talents, but he also had, as an example, one the greatest glass talents of the day as a mentor. While Harry was attending art school, he was working at Stevens and Williams Glass Works. He was apprenticed and received training from his father at 14 years of age.