This lovely antique ladle is beautifully embossed with leaf and berry motif. It is silver on brass the gilt brass shows through the silver on the edges and points of the decoration, a lovely contrast. This was made by the firm of Holmes Booth & Haydens who first made plated silver copper sheets for daguerreotypes then buttons during the Civil War. After the war until they produced silverware before being bought out by Rogers & Hamilton in 1886. It has an elegant Federal influenced central loop medallion scroll terminating in Acanthus leaf cluster. It is in very good condition as pictured and measures just over 11 ¼ inches long.
Item ID: BB 98