This is a post war (note the flag!) postcard from the lobby of one of Chicago's grandest hotels.
The Bismarck at La Salle and Randolph had been built by German immigrants Emil and Karl Eitel in 1894 and then razed and remodeled it in 1926 with the 2,500-seat Palace Theater and the 20-story Metropolitan Office Building attached.
The postcard is in good sent condition with some discoloration and wear to edges and corners. Be sure to look at our photos. It is postmarked Aug. 15, 1945 from Chicago and was mailed to Austin, Texas with a one cent Washington stamp.
It measures 5.5" by 3.5". It was made by Deepetch Western Engraving & Embossing Co. of Chicago, Ill.
Item ID: 888