Original Hotel Bayview registry for the years 1943-45 for military personal in regard to nearby Camp Blanding.
The thick 9' x 14 inch registry contains hundreds of signatures from soldiers and officers all over the United States who had to come to Camp Blanding during World War 2.
In 1940, Camp Blanding was leased to the United States Army as an active duty training center. The post was originally used by New England and Southern troops preparing for deployment overseas. However, during the course of the war, Camp Blanding served as an infantry replacement training center, an induction center, a German prisoner of war compound, and a separation center. At the height of the war, the Army leased acreage from local landowners, raising the total to 170,000 acres (690 km2). From 1940 to 1945, more than 800,000 soldiers received all or part of their training here.
This would be a great addition to any collector of Florida history.
Item ID: 2688