This is a lovely old green transferware plate by Ralph Hall in the Italian Buildings pattern. It measures 8 ¾” in diameter. It is marked on the back “Italian Buildings, R. Hall”. The plate has a floral border. The scene in the center shows two ladies in a garden with a lake or river in the background and Italian buildings on the other side. The plate dates to around the 1830’s. Ralph Hall started his pottery in 1802 and remained in business until 1849. The condition of the plate is fair. There is wear on the glaze and around the rim of the plate. There is a small chip on the front rim and a small chip on the back rim. There is slight staining on the back of the plate.