A gold and deep blue enameled badge of the personal Convoy of His Imperial Majesty Nicholas II, inaugurated June 20, 1909 to commemorate the Centenary of the 1st and 2nd Kuban Companies of the Convoy. The form is an oxidized shield with a double relief border surrounded by an outer border of rose cut diamonds. Between the double relief border are 14 gold rivets. On the shield is an oblique sword, blade upward; in the top left corner, the imperial crown; in the bottom left "100" (years). This is Empress Alexandra's initial draft design of the actual badge illustrated in our photo. The badge in the photo has 13 rivets and does not have the diamond border. Our badge belonged to Grand Duchess Olga and was made into a stamped 10kt ring sometime in the past. Provenance: The Byington Collection, which is acknowledged in "Tzar: The Lost World of Nicholas & Alexandra" by Peter Kurth (p. 223); and, "Olga Romanov: Russia's Last Grand Duchess" by Patricia Phenix (p. 296) by direct descent from Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna.