Staffordshire Childs Red Transferware Tea Set
COUNTRY FLORAL c1830-40
This miniature child's dollhouse tea set dates to c1840. English Ironstone, transfer printed in red, pedestal bases, applied handles, button finial.The color of the set is a rich country red decorated with a wide scrolling floral band with decorative flourishes. The central image on the one saucer also a pair of birds.
These very early sets are exact miniature versions of an adult-sized tea set, with all the embellishments. The set is comprised of:
· Teapot with lid, 4 inches tall, 6 inches long (nibbles on tip and inner rim);
· Sugar bowl on raised pedestal base, 1-3/4 inches tall, 3 inches wide;
· Creamer or milk jug, 2-3/4 inches tall (handle broken and reglued);
· Waste bowl, on raised pedestal base, 2-1/4 inches tall, 4 inches across (ageline); and
· Cup and saucer, 1-3/4 inch tal, 4-1/2 inches diameter.
The set dates to the early to mid19th century pottery and was made in the Staffordshire (or possibly Swansea) region of England. The set has no makers marks or backstamps. Tiny collection stickers marked SW1.
The set is in overall great condition with the minimal damage detailed above and no other chips, cracks or repairs. Wear consistent with age and prior use. Stilt marks, glaze crazing, gouges and other insignificant transfer imperfections, all original to the making and typical of these early wares, adding to their unique charm. This lovely transferware set is a pocket sized dollhouse art work of art, rare shape, quite scarce and highly sought after. Sold as is.
Staffordshire Childs Pearlware Tea Set c1825 Red Country Floral Transferware
$175 20% Off
You save $35
USPS Priority Mail
|Est. Tax:||We are unable to obtain a tax quote at this time.|