This lovely pink carnival glass bowl was made by Imperial Glass Company from 1978-1982. The pattern in the early 1900's was called Octagon and is also known as Bellaire No 505. However when they came back out with this pattern in the 70's it was renamed Lace. The pattern is very intricate with diamonds, hobstars and buttons. The bowl is finished with a scalloped rim and is marked with the LIG logo (Lenox Imperial Glass) on the bottom.
Our bowl has a lovely iridescence and is free on any nicks, chips or cracks but does have a ripple or pinch on the rim which happened during firing. It is small and when we purchased this piece we did not notice it. However we have discounted what we would have listed this bowl for by a little more than 30%. Please see enlarged picture #4 for details.
Size: 6 3/4" across the top by 3 1/2" tall.
Item ID: MR-2741