A wonderful early Tunbridgeware panel dating to around 1820, perhaps 1822/3 when the Royal Pavilliion was actually completed.
The spectacular seaside palace of the Prince Regent (George IV) was transformed by John Nash between 1815 and 1822 into one of the most dazzling and exotic buildings in the British Isles.
The panel was at sometime used as an artist's palette as can be seen on the reverse, a make-do hanging device was used to hang this panel by the previous owner.
A wonderful, romantic and highly decorative piece of art. Wear commensurate with age, considered excellent. 7 1/2" x 5 1/4".
Item ID: 33152
3 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List.