One of the oldest private schools in the Philadelphia area, the Germantown Academy was founded at the Green Tree Inn in December 1759. Its campus was established at the corner of Greene and Schoolhouse Lanes, where it stands to this day, though it is now occupied by the Philadelphia School for the Deaf. The Academy moved to a new campus in Fort Washington in 1965.
This Wedgewood Queensware cup and saucer in the Queen shape features a transfer-printed central image of the Academy's belfry. The saucer is decorated with flowers and foliage on the rim with the Germantown Academy seal in the center.
The saucer is 5.575' in diameter. The cups are 3.75" in diameter and 3" tall.
Condition: as new, no wear or damage.
Mark: impressed Wedgwood marks, dated 1958. Black printed mark reading "Germantown Academy Bicentennial / 1759 - 1959".
We have six of these cups and saucers, Price is per set.
Item ID: 3163
Only 6 available. Don't miss out!