The Hutschenreuther Company was founded in 1814 by C.M. Hutschenreuther (1794-1845) in Bavaria, Germany. In 1857 his son established a porcelain factory in Selb. The company expanded from 1902 to 1969.
This beautiful hand-painted porcelain figure is the "Tufted Titmouse", circa 1985; there are two figurines available for sale. The figures are 3 1/2" in length and 3" in height and were originally designed by K Tutter. One figurine is stamped on the base in green with the logo of a Lion over JHR in an oval and "Germany"; the other is stamped on the base in green with the logo of a lion over 1814 in an oval and "Germany". Both are impressed "K Tutter". There are no cracks, chips or repairs.