Theodore Haviland was formed after the death of this father and split with his brother in 1892.
This wonderful set of four sauces were produced for the Abram French Co., which was a crockery, glassware and china dealer of the 19th century, operating in Boston, MA, from 1869-1902 and Chicago, IL, from 1874-1902. The sauces measure 5" in length and 4 1/4" in width with a gently scalloped edge. The white blanks are decorated with rust/orange chrysanthemum flowers with green/brown leaves and stems on the interior and exterior of the dish. One dish is marked in green "Th. Haviland - Limoges - France" with the three towers, circa 1892; the other three are marked in green "Theo Haviland - Limoges - France", circa 1893. All are marked in red "A. French Co - Boston". There are no cracks, chips or repairs. A great opportunity to own items with the two earliest Theodore Haviland marks as well as A. French Co.
Item ID: RL0001787