Designer William DeLizza and Harold Elster founded the D & E Company in 1947 and it closed in the late 1990's. By 1953 the 'Juliana' line of unmarked jewelry was being produced. For only two years, 1967-1969, the pieces were marked with a hang tag. There are some identifying clues to Juliana pieces - figure eight puddling of soldering , attached pin assembly, prong-set stones, odd numbers used in construction and wire reinforcement to list some. They also made jewelry for many of the major costume jewelry companies of the era to their individual specifications.
This lovely Juliana brooch, circa 1950's, consists of beautiful blue sapphire navette and round rhinestones in combination with several sizes of round emerald rhinestones set in an ornate silver-tone setting with delicate heart-shaped wire border and interior design. The elongated shape is domed for a lovely 3-dimensional image. It measures 3 1/2" in length and 1 3/4" in width and has a safety clasp mechanism. Near mint condition with great color and light reflection.