This postcard is a chromolithograph showing onlookers on the beach looking up at the burning Cliff House in 1907. An inset at the lower right shows the palatial Cliff House before the fire. Cliff House as shown in this card was built in 1896 and was the fourth version, the previous three having been destroyed by fires. Cliff House survived the San Francisco earthquake in 1906 with only minor damage and then burned to the ground in September 1907. Condition of the card is fair to good with minor chips on the top edge and bumped corners. The colors are bright.
The back of the card is unused postally. The bottom edge is imprinted with the publisher Souvenir Publishing Co. San Francisco. The upper left corner has the mark of the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition San Francisco.
Item ID: 4200
2 other shoppers have this item in their Cart or Wish List. Don't miss out!