Ruby Lane and each of its independent shops want you to be satisfied with your purchase. To ensure your satisfaction and for the protection of both the buyer and shop owner, we have a Return Policy that each Ruby Lane shop owner honors.
Please be advised individual shop owners may have additional terms that apply. However, shop owners can only make their return policies more lenient, not more strict. This Policy will govern in the event of any conflict between this Policy and the policy of any individual store.
Return Policy Procedure
- If you are not pleased with your Ruby Lane purchase, simply contact the shop owner where you bought the item by email or phone within 3 days of delivery of your item to arrange for its return and a refund of the purchase price, less a restocking fee if stated in the shop owner's Terms Of Sale at the time of purchase.
- The shop owner will acknowledge your return request within 3 days.
- You will ship the item back to the shop within 3 days of the acknowledgement:
- The item must be returned via the original carrier (unless agreed otherwise in writing), in its original packaging, insured (if available) for its purchased price, and must be received in the same condition as when it was shipped to you with the shop's tags and identifying marks intact.
- We recommend you use delivery tracking and get a delivery receipt.
- The buyer pays for return shipping and insurance, unless agreed otherwise between the buyer and shop owner.
- After the shop owner verifies the returned item is as originally sent, they must issue a full refund within 3 days. For protection of both the shop owner and buyer, when making a refund via personal check or money order to a buyer, the shop owner is required to send the refund to the buyer in a traceable manner where receipt confirmation can be verified.
Additional Return Policy Information
- We encourage our shops to only issue full refunds, rather than partial refunds or returns.
- Shop owners may choose to offer a more liberal Return Policy, described in their shop's Terms Of Sale.
- This policy does not apply to items purchased on Layaway. Policies for Layaway purchases may vary by shop, so be sure to check with the individual shop owner before making your purchase.
- This policy does not apply to custom orders produced by Fine Art and Jewelry Artisan shops. Policies for custom orders may vary by shop, so be sure to check with the individual shop owner before making your purchase.
- Damaged items are handled separately as described immediately below.
- If you have any complaint against a shop owner concerning a Ruby Lane purchase, you need to contact Ruby Lane Customer Support within 3 months (90 days) of the original purchase date for Ruby Lane to assist with the complaint.
Damaged Item Procedure
- Please do not return items damaged in shipment, as doing so will void the shipping insurance.
- Damage claims can only be made on items shipped with insurance.
- Ruby Lane requires that all shipments be insured unless declined by the buyer using the Decline Insurance option during the checkout process. Each shop shall determine if they allow a buyer the option to decline insurance on the shipment of an item at the time they list their item for sale. If a buyer requests that an item not be shipped insured, using the Decline Insurance option at Checkout, the shop owner is then not responsible for loss or damage to that item in shipping.
- To begin the process, please contact the shop owner and alert them to the damage.
- Claims should be made through the original shipping agent. Guidelines for insurance claims vary by carrier so please check with the carrier for specific instructions.
- Be sure to retain all original packaging as well as all pieces of the damaged item, as the shipping agent will request to examine them.
- In the event that you, the recipient, files the claim, the shop owner will provide you with the necessary insurance information.
- For information on filing a claim through the following carriers, visit:*
Ruby Lane's Return Policy is designed to help ensure a smooth, enjoyable buying experience. If a Ruby Lane transaction falls outside of our Return Policy, then you and the shop owner will need to negotiate a mutually agreeable resolution. However, as a neutral party, you acknowledge that Ruby Lane has no liability for the success or failure of your transaction and cannot guarantee its success.