Common Ruby Lane Shop Requirements
To provide Ruby Lane customers and shop owners with the highest quality of products and services, we require all shops to meet our quality standards:
- You must be registered on Ruby Lane with your My Account showing:
- complete first and last name
- working email address
- mailing address
- working phone number
- This information is used by Ruby Lane, but not viewable to Buyers
- Your Ruby Lane account must be in good standing at all times
- Ruby Lane does not tolerate the usage of false names or virtual identities to transact business on the Site
- Ruby Lane reserves the right to request evidence of your real name and address at any time to prevent abuse
- Keep at least 10 items in your shop at all times. There is no maximum limit
- Offer at least one Online method of payment in your shop, such as PayPal or Amazon, or offer a Traditional method of payment of a credit card using your own merchant account
- Must not have any unresolved customer complaint against it
- Any complaint must be resolved in a timely manner
- If you are unsure if the items you wish to sell qualify, please inquire with Ruby Lane before setting up your shop
- All items listed must be available for sale
- Unavailable merchandise listed in your shop is not acceptable and turns buyers away from all shops on Ruby Lane
- All items are subject to the Ruby Lane quality assurance program, or flagging system, where other Ruby Lane shop owners can flag your items for your review, and to random shop reviews by our Shop Review Team specialists
- Ruby Lane retains the right to decide whether an item is appropriate for display
- Items that cannot be legally sold or traded cannot be listed and if listed will be subject to immediate removal by Ruby Lane
- A full text description is required, which includes item measurements and details about the item's condition such as flaws or wear, if present
- No keyword spamming, or using text unrelated to the item, is allowed
- Each Lane (Antiques, Jewelry, etc.) has its own listing requirements, so items listed within a Lane must meet the site requirements for that Lane.
- Each Lane (Antiques, Jewelry, etc.) has a minimum price limit. There is no maximum limit.
- At least one quality photo that displays only the item, in its entirety
- Additional photos may be required for some items based on other guidelines
- The final photo for each item may include other relevant items, in addition to the listed item, to illustrate the item in a picturesque grouping.
Bulk or "Lot" Sales
A single listing contains multiples or groups of different items
- No more than 12 items
- Cannot contain jewelry pieces
- Pieces that were originally manufactured by one company as part of a "set", such as cups, bowls and plates, can be listed together for a single sale price in excess of 12 items per listing.
- each item must be of good quality and able to meet age specifications for the Lane in which it is listed
- all items included must be closely related within a single collecting niche
- no item from it can be sold as a "choice" to the buyer from within that listing. Items available for individual purchase should be listed separately
- no so called "repair lots" of broken or damaged items
Conduct of Business
Ruby Lane holds our shop owners to a very high, ethical, conduct of business. If a customer complains directly to us about a shop
- We investigate the complaint, and direct the shop to resolve the complaint against them
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we may temporarily close the shop until the complaint is resolved
- A second complaint is sufficient grounds for removing the shop from Ruby Lane.
Ruby Lane also may close a shop for being rude or abusive to customers, dishonest, for unprofessional behavior, or if we feel that in our best judgement, leaving a shop open will cause future problems.
Fine Art Lane Requirements
- Meet all the Common Requirements
- High quality original or numbered limited editions of signed or authenticated art.
- $100 USD or more
- Limited edition copies of an original artwork must be
- Produced by the hand of the original artist (ie signed by them), or
- Bear evidence of having been produced under the original artist's direction or approval (ie bears their personal remarque)
- No copies of another artist's work whether done by hand or machine
- No items of decorative or applied arts
- No open editions or Limited edition copies of an original artwork produced in excess of 1500 copies
- No commonly available, mass-produced prints
Antique Fine Art
- 100 years or older.
- $100 or more
- If any marks indicating maker, manufacturer, country of origin, and/or precious metal content are present, the marks must be shown and be clearly readable in at least one photo.
- Anonymous works if their age can be reliably established even though not signed or authenticated
- If an artist's signature or remarque is present it must be pictured and be clearly readable in at least one photo.